Information We Collect
My Wifi may collect the following information from or about you:
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us. For instance, when you register to use the My Wifi Services, we may collect your name, email address, birth date, gender, credit card information, billing address, ZIP code, and other information. In addition, My Wifi may collect information you provide to us when you respond to surveys, set your preferences, contact My Wifi through customer service or by other means, or participate in promotions that My Wifi may offer from time to time. My Wifi also allows multiple profiles to be set up under one account, so we may collect information you provide to us if you create a profile.
- Usage and Log Data. We collect information when you use the My Wifi Services or view My Wifi advertising outside of the My Wifi Services. Examples of this information may include your IP address, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location (which may include precise location data), activity on the My Wifi Services including information about the videos you view on My Wifi (e.g., show titles and episode names), page views, ad data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and identifiers associated with browser cookies (see our description of “Cookies and Local Storage” below), and carrier information.
- Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. We may collect information through other kinds of local storage (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, including in connection with features such as volume/mute settings for the Video Player. Because these technologies are similar to browser cookies, they are sometimes called “browser cookies,” even though they may be stored in different parts of your computer. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. For information about disabling cookies or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the My Wifi Services, including the Video Player. For example, we may not be able to store your preferences or login information or customize the Content and advertising to your viewing habits.
- Web Beacons or Pixels. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as web beacons or pixel tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser or device, check whether you have viewed a particular web page, ad, or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Content, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Content was viewed.
- Mobile Device Identifiers and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”). We may use or work with third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information, such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and information related to how mobile devices interact with the My Wifi Services. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with Content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
- Account and Profile Data from Third-Party Services. If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the My Wifi Services, or contact My Wifi, through a third-party service (such as Facebook), we may, for example, collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, pages you have “liked” and other account and profile data).
- Third-Party Data. We may collect information about you from other sources, such as data aggregators, public databases, and our business partners. Examples of this may include information (whether identified, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
Use of Information We Collect
Use in General. We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
- providing the My Wifi Services;
- contacting you, including for promotional purposes;
- customizing the Content and advertising you view and evaluating how well the Content and advertising perform;
- identifying Content, you share;
- customizing recommendations;
- conducting research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities, including fraud;
- protecting your and our rights;
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
Use of Payment Information. We use payment information, such as credit card numbers and billing ZIP code, to help provide the My Wifi Services. For example, we use payment information to process payments from a subscriber (we use a third-party payment processor to do this), to retrieve account information for a subscriber, to determine whether a subscriber is eligible for promotions, and to detect abuse of the My Wifi Services.
Use of Precise Location Data. In order to access certain My Wifi Services from your mobile device, you may be required to share your device’s precise location data (e.g., latitude and longitude) with us. In addition to providing you with certain My Wifi Services, this also enables us to serve you Content related to your local area such as news and sports, depending on your subscription. This data may also be used to tailor advertising to you based on your location. To learn more about your choices with respect to our collection and use of precise location data, please see the information we have provided in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”).
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share information collected from or about you with third parties as explained further below, including business partners, social networking services, service providers, advertisers, and other companies that are not affiliated with My Wifi.
Business Partners. We work with a number of business partners who help us offer the My Wifi Services, including, for example, our content programmers, distributors, and corporate owners. We may share information collected from or about you with such business partners.
Social Networking Services. When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the My Wifi Services, including shows you watch or like on My Wifi, information about you and your activities will be shared with that social network.
Sharing with Facebook. In addition to My Wifi collecting certain information from Facebook (as described in Section 2 (“Information We Collect”), if you connect your My Wifi and Facebook accounts, you may choose to share information about your activities on the My Wifi Services with Facebook and its users, including publishing shows you watch to Facebook. If you visit My Wifi while logged into Facebook, then Facebook may be able to identify your browser and associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that Facebook already has about you. In addition, when you choose to share information about your activities on the My Wifi Services with Facebook, My Wifi may send information about you to Facebook. Facebook may make that information visible to Facebook users in accordance with applicable law, Facebook’s data policy, and your Facebook privacy settings. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with Facebook’s data policy and privacy controls.
Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us and our business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management (e.g., to facilitate our targeted advertising and marketing efforts), account management, hosting, customer and technical support, marketing (e.g., email, online or direct mail communications) and other services.
Your Browsers and Devices. We may work with service providers who use information collected from or about you to help us identify the browsers and devices you use for various purposes, including for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and measurement purposes. For example, these service providers (along with My Wifi) may use your activity on one browser or device to serve you with more tailored advertising on another browser or device. In connection with your use of browsers and devices, please note that certain opt out choices you have as described in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”) apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.
Advertisers and Advertising-Related Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you in encrypted, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure and improve advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the My Wifi Services, websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online.
Audience Measurement Providers. Our business partners, such as content programmers, as well as our advertisers, seek to measure the performance of their creative material across many platforms, including the My Wifi Services. Accordingly, My Wifi may permit the use of third-party measurement software that enables third parties (such as Nielsen) to include your viewing on the My Wifi Services in calculating measurement statistics such as TV Ratings. To learn more about your choices with respect to Nielsen measurement software, please see the information we have provided in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”).
Third Parties in Connection with Certain Transactions. If we sell all or part of our business, make a transfer of assets, or otherwise might be involved in a change of control transaction, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer information from or about you to one or more third parties as part of the transaction, including the due diligence process.
Sharing What You Watch
Advertising. We advertise My Wifi both on the My Wifi Services as well as on other platforms and services. We also display advertisements from other companies on the My Wifi Services, often enabling users to interact with the advertisements or click through to websites or other properties owned or operated by other companies. This section provides additional information about the collection and use of information from or about you in connection with such advertising.
Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options. You have the following choices regarding how we and third parties use certain information collected from or about you. My Wifi is committed to complying with the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and the DAA Application of Self-Regulatory Principles for the Mobile Environment.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from My Wifi by accessing your account. You may also opt out of certain promotional communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in a particular promotional communication. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from My Wifi, including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account because those may contain important information. You can choose to receive push notifications from My Wifi on your device. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, you can use your device’s settings to turn them off.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the My Wifi Services in order to provide more relevant advertising to you on websites participate in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more and to make choices about the use of your information for online behavioral advertising on websites, please click here. Please note that if you opt out of online behavioral advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.
In addition, some of the advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), a cooperative of online marketing companies that offers a centralized tool for opting out of interest-based advertising delivered by each of its member companies. Please note that if you opt out of interest-based advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the My Wifi Services in order to provide more relevant advertising to you within mobile applications participate in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a mobile application called the “AppChoices,” which provides a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising within the mobile application environment. The AppChoices application can be downloaded from your mobile device at www.aboutads.info/appchoices or from your device’s app store. Please note that if you opt out of online behavioral advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to your mobile device.
On your mobile device, you may also go to your device settings and select “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices), which will allow you to limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device (such as precise location data) for the purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you.
You can opt out of our collection of precise location data from your mobile device in your device settings, for example, by disabling “Location Services” for the My Wifi application in your iOS device’s settings. Please note that by opting out of our collection of precise location data, your access to the SET may be limited depending on your subscription.
As set forth in Section 5 (“Sharing What You Watch”), we may ask for your consent to My Wifi sharing your Viewing Information together with your personal information with our content programmers, service providers, and other third parties. If we have asked for your consent, you may view or change your consent preference by logging into My Wifi on your computer, going to your account settings, and editing your profile. If you would like to consent to My Wifi sharing your Viewing Information together with your personal information, set your “Manage Video Sharing” preference to “Yes.” If you would like to withdraw your consent, set your “Manage Video Sharing” preference to “No.” You can change your consent on a case-by-case basis by changing your “Manage Video Sharing” preference before viewing a video. Please allow us a few minutes to process any changes to your preference.
If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information (such as your name and contact information) to third parties who wish to contact you or send you promotional information about their products and services directly (as compared to when the third party is acting on our behalf or you have provided your personal information as part of a co-promotion by My Wifi and the third party).
Security and Account Access. We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, we take steps to limit access to sensitive information from or about you to those My Wifi employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to access such information. We also use measures like encryption and hashing to help protect sensitive information when in transmission.
Despite these efforts, please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the My Wifi Services, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
Please note that if you allow others to use your account (including others you permit to set up profiles under your account), they may be able to view information about your account or any of the profiles under your account, including information about the videos you view and your email address.
Children. Children under 18 years of age are not permitted to register with My Wifi. The My Wifi Services are not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or guardian.
Third-Party Access Points, Devices, and Links. The My Wifi Services may be provided through third-party websites, applications and other means of access operated by other companies (collectively, “Third-Party Access Points”). For example, you can access the My Wifi Services through websites of our distributors. In addition, you may launch a Third-Party Access Point using various devices such as mobile devices and Living Room Devices. The My Wifi Services also may contain links to third-party websites or applications. None of these Third-Party Access Points, devices, websites or applications are operated by us, even if they contain our name or logo, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of their operators. Accordingly, we recommend that you review their privacy policies.
Applicable Law. My Wifi is headquartered in the U.S. and the My Wifi Services are intended for users in the U.S. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the My Wifi Services, you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under U.S. laws.
MyWifi TV – Attention: Legal Department
200 144th Avenue
Madeira Beach FL 33708